Osteopathic treatment can help improve performance as well as treat the injuries being suffered.
Many of the injuries are the result of over use, i.e. playing too hard and too often, e.g. tennis elbow, golfer's elbow or from not warming up/down properly, or reduced joint flexibility.
If you are eager to get back to your sport quickly, after injury or have a problem which is preventing you from performing at your best, Osteopathic treatment can help you reach your peak level of fitness.
Young people,especially, are vulnerable in sport as their growing bodies are often expected to perform to high standards and are putting exceptional physical demands on themselves.
1. Begin slowly and build up, especially after an injury.
2. Warm up first, and hen warm down with stretches afterwards.
3. Drink plenty of water when exercising.
4. Exercise regularly, and try to alternate the types of exercise that you are doing every day.
5. Following a joint injury apply ice to the area for 10 minutes, every hour, if practical. Apply a bandage to compress the tissues. Elevate and rest if possible.
The Forest Complementary Clinic is located can be found at 843 Forest Road, E17 4AT in Walthamstow. We provide a number of therapies including osteopathy, reflexology, acupuncture, aromatherapy, homeopathy, indian head massage, hypnotherapy, psychotherapy and counselling.