Yoanna Mingay, MSTAT MAPA BWY. Ayurveda, yoga, Alexander technique
What is the Alexander Technique?
The Alexander Technique teaches you how to use your body more effectively in all areas of your life. You learn how to stop habits that interfere with efficient movement, relaxed breathing and natural body alignment.
A course of individual sessions helps you to learn how to relieve tension, stress, pain or stiffness and increase your body confidence and well-being. Your teacher uses a gentle, guiding touch to help you learn poise and ease of movement in daily activities such as sitting, standing, bending, lying down and walking.
You can use Alexander Technique:
- To learn natural poise and efficient movement
- To reduce stress and learn relaxation techniques
- To relieve pain and stiffness in your back, neck, muscles and joints
- To relieve tension patterns in breathing and speaking
- To improve performance in sports, performing arts and public speaking
- To use your body well sitting at a computer, driving, using the phone etc at work
- To recover from Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI)
- To help recovery from illness, operation or injury
- To help your body cope with challenges during and after pregnancy
- To adapt to chronic illness and disability such as stroke and MS
- For self-improvement and to develop awareness and creativity
- To improve stress related sleep disorders
- To prevent recurrence of chronic back pain and sciatica
- To improve circulation, vitality and mental focus
- To improve your martial arts, yoga or meditation practice
- To reduce signs of ageing such as poor balance, rounded posture and loss of height
- For posture, injury and stress related problems such as bullying in children and teenagers
For more information visit The Society of Teachers of The Alexander Technique
Yoanna Mingay MSTAT MAPA BWY. Ayurveda, yoga, Alexander technique