Lymphatic Drainage Massage (LDM)
WHAT IS IT?
Lymphatic Drainage is an advanced therapy in which the practitioner uses a range a specialized and gentle rhythmic pumping techniques to move the skin in the direction of the lymph flow. this stimulates the lymphatic vessels that carry substances vital to the defence of the body as well as help in the removal of waste products.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS Of LYMPHATIC DRAINAGE MASSAGE?
The benefits of Lymphatic Drainage massage are considerable and are particularly relevant in today's environment where pollution, stress and deficient immune systems make many people susceptible to contagious disease and viral infections.
The Lymphatic system plays a vital role in the body by regulating the immune system. when the Lymphatic system becomes blocked, lymphatic fluid builds up and stagnates causing the entire system to become toxic.
Lymphatic Drainage clears blockage, eliminates metabolic wastes and toxins from the body, transports nutrients to cells and increases metabolic efficiency, all adding to the reduction of excess fluid and assisting weight reduction. it also has a calming effect on the nervous system and helps relives stress and tension.
Lymphatic Drainage is also a very successful beauty treatment for the face, improving the appearance of the skin and reducing puffiness. it helps rejuvenate collagen fibres and slow the ageing process.
WHAT TYPES OF CONDITIONS CAN IT BENEFIT?
Lymph Drainage is used to treat a wide range of conditions such as:
- Glandular Fever, ME (chronic fatigue), Migraine, Sinus, hay Fever
- Recurring infections (colds, flu, ear, chest)
- Pre and post operative cases (cosmetic surgery, cancer or where lymph nodes have been removed or the lymph system impaired in some way).
- Toxic build-up, Oedema and fluid retention (puffy ankles, legs, eyes, bloating)
- Cellulite and Excess weight
- Constipation and other Digestive Disorders.
- Acne, Rosacea and other skin conditions, scar tissue (old and New)
- Stress, Anxiety and Tension.
Ks Natural Healing Kay Kaur MFHT MQCF - Beauty & Massage Therapies I am listed on the FHT Complementary Healthcare Therapist Register, which has been accredited by the Professional Standards Authority (PSA), under its Accredited Voluntary Register...